Friday, January 18, 2019

End of G+

From what I have read, they intend to end Google+ sometime in April.  This makes me wonder about the fate of Blogger, whether they will do away with that at some point too.

I joined a site called MeWe, which seemed pretty good until a couple of days ago when I was slammed with fake friend requests, I assume were bots?  I don't really know what a bot is lol, but whatever.  I checked several of the profiles and they had nothing on them and now I can't log in to my account there, so I don't think I will bother with that place.

Instead, I will cross post to Wordpress which actually has a better notification system and it seems reliable.  I don't post there very often, but I always get the notices when someone else posts.  So once I start writing again, and I WILL start lol, I will be cross posting to my wordpress site also as a backup for Blogger.   

I will post a link to it once I start.   Other than that, I am done with so called "social" media.  I am not social, but I do like to blog 😉

Have a great day everyone. Lunch hour is almost over and I need to get back into the office to fix the mess that was left for me.

Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment